ME Production is a specialist on marine gearboxes. Our gearbox range covers a power range from 150 KW to 6000 KW and includes specialties such as:
- 2-step gearboxes making reduction ratios above 10:1 possible
- Twin-in and single-out gearboxes
- Gearboxes with horizontal offset
- Gearboxes prepared for OD-systems
- Co-axial gearboxes
- Compact gearboxes for high speed vessels
- Gearboxes with extra long servo stroke to obtain feathering propeller
- Step-up front gearboxes for PTO applications
Please download our Gearbox leaflets here for a full view of our capabilities. Furthermore, you can download our selection guide in a english and a Chinese version.
Our equipment is suitable for a wide range of applications and is preferred in for instance: Supply vessels, tugs, ferries, cargo vessels, yachts, trawlers and other vessels with varying load and work conditions.
Controllable Pitch Propulsion
The controllable pitch propulsion system can be designed for either mechanical or hydraulic operation of the propeller pitch. ME Production gearboxes are designed speciﬁcally to optimize the operation of the propellers under all load conditions. The propeller pitch is adjusted smoothly and fast from full ahead to full astern by the use of state-of-the-art gearbox technology.
Controllable Pitch Gearbox Features
- Integrated complete hydraulic servo system for pitch control which ensures easy installation, operation and maintenance
- Compact design
- High reduction ratios available allowing large diameter, slow rotating propellers with high efﬁciency. This results in higher thrust and lower fuel consumption
- Up to 3 PTO`s available per gearbox. Each with independent hydraulic clutch
- PTI for hybrid systems
- Customized gear ratios and PTO/PTI design
- Either mechanical or hydraulic operation of the propeller pitch
- Approvals according to latest rules from classiﬁcation societies
Advantages of Controllable Pitch
Controllable pitch propulsion systems offer a wide range of advantages. The most important are:
A controllable pitch propulsion system ensures that the vessel will feature both maximum towing power and optimum speed. This is only possible using controllable pitch propulsion. It is always possible to achieve maximum engine efﬁciency regardless of the operation mode of the vessel. By adjusting the propeller pitch, the engine can operate at maximum power without overloading the system.
At lower than maximum vessel speed, fuel consumption can be considerably reduced by lowering the engine RPM while increasing the propeller pitch to maintain the required vessel speed. In this way overall efﬁciency of the propulsion system is optimized
For more information, please contact: