Dosing systems for sodium carbonate powder and tank with control system.
Sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) is injected in the process water as the reacting agent to remove SOx in the exhaust gas. This applies to both closed-loop and hybrid configurations. When running in closed-loop mode, the circulation water must be dosed with an alkaline additive. In this unit a powder like sodium carbonate can be used instead of liquid additive as Sodium Hydroxide(caustic soda), Taken aboard dry and loaded into a silo, the powder is mixed with desalinated water before entering the closed-loop circuit.
This cuts operating costs, and reduces the potential onboard hazard.
Dosing system specifications:
- Stainless steel (AISI 304)
- Individual SEW gear motor
- Mixing system is designed as a part of the bottom section
- Electric controlled valve under dosing system leads directly to the tub and flow pumps ensures supply of content
- Digital load cell
- LS1 Level switch
- 12” touch panel with control system
Each dosing system contains:
- 4 sides and top made reinforced plate of trapezoidal
- Built –in pipe construction
- Top and sides also contains:
- Inspection hatches
- Ventilation/filling plug